Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This was my 4. finish in 2009

I started it together with my friend Manuela when we spent a few days together during our holidays in Germany in december/january. We both unpacked our kits on janauar 02, 2009. Back in Canada I wasn't to far from finishing it when I took it to stitch on it while watching Lisa's swimming lessons. When I wanted to put in some more stitches at home the next night I realized I lost the silks at the pool.... And when I got there to ask for my threads nobody had seen them. I am pretty sure that the little cardboard heart with some fuzzy silks could look like garbage to someone who has no clue about stitching... But lucky as I am Manuela was about to finish hers and sent me her leftovers very soon and I was able to finish mine without a hassle. Thanks so much Manuela!!!! I just wish you were not so far away....



The Stockings
Shepherds Bush
Started: 2009-01-02
Finished: 2009-02-01
stitched with the silks and on the 32ct country grain provided in the kit
I will add the embellishments when I am going to frame it or finish it otherwise.

Shepherds Bush is always so much fun to stitch and the colours are gorgeous...

I can't show you a picture of yesterdays stitching on From Sea to Shining Sea as I had to rip it all out again :( I miscounted at the end of the last thing I stitched and everything I stitched yesterday was wrong 1 cross wrong in place....

9 comments:

Deb said...

I love your Shepherd's Stocking. SB's are always wonderful to stitch and yours looks great!
Deb

Brigitte said...

SB's Stockings are just beuatiful. Congratulations on a great finish. And you are right, the colours they use are always so nice and it's for me a part of the attraction of SB designs.
Sorry to hear that the frog visited. It's very demotivating at the first moment but I always try to unpick the wrong stitches immediately and restitch the spot.

sie tut es auch said...

*schneuz*
trotzdem natürlich GLÜCKWUNSCH zum 4. finsh. mein gott mein gott, sie sticksen sich ja echt die finger wund im moment ;o)

Dane said...

Mensch, bist Du fleissig! Tolle Sachen stichelst Du da :o)

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dein Sheperd Busch ist wirklich wunderschön, Bine! Schade, daß du dich verrechnet hast: es passiert manchmal, wenn man nicht genug aufpaßt :((
LG Moune

Ranae said...

gorgeous SB
Love those long stockings

Dovilė said...

wow I love this design, beautiful!

Nicole said...

Beautiful Bine! I just love this design! It turned out so pretty!