Thursday, November 20, 2008
Please contact me with your mailaddress :) sabine dot foster at web dot de
I'm sorry for the one day delay but I found out about an Englisch class that takes place Mondays and Wednesdays. So I decided to go and check if they would accept me as a student....and they did. So I was there from 6 - 9PM. And when I came home I was simply too tired...and went straight to bed.
On Monday evening I will just stop by my english class because the Wheat City Needleart Guild meeting starts at seven....That is even more important than English lessons! A big smile to Marian D *wave*
Sunday, November 16, 2008
November 19 will be the closing date.
Thank you for participating :)
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I must post six random things about myself.
The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
So, six random things about me are:
1. Tonight I saw my first icehockey game (Brandon Wheat Kings vs. Seattle)
2. I am a Ranger Babe. Hello to all you Stephanie Plum fans :)
3. My two favourite TV shows are Everwood and 7th Heaven.
4. My favorite colours are all shades of read and autumn colours.
5. My big dream is to ride the Highway No.1 from Vancouver down to San Diego on my bicycle.
6. I love horror movies but I am too much of a whimp to actually watch them....
Monday, November 03, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
1. finish Carols Hello Neighbor RR within the next few days and mail it off to Karen - done
2. find a nice house and start stitching on Karens Hello Neighbor RR as soon as I receive it - received and decided on a design
3. finish There Was An Old Woman by Prairie Moon - done
4. put some stitches into Take Time To Quilt - Spring by Jeannette Douglas - done, not too many but at least a few :)
5. put some stitches into an older WIP - no :(
6. maybe start something new - OH YES...A Real Snow Job - HAED
7. finish Dead over Heels - 5th of Aurora Teagarden mysteries by Charlaine Harris - done
8. order and finish or at least start A Fool and his Honey - 6th of Aurora Teagarden mysteries by Charlaine Harris - no it wasn't on the shelf in my local bookstore. I will wait till I see it somewhere.
9. read the 1st book of the demon hunting soccer mom series Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner
10. startet Charlaine Harris Lili Bard series:
finished the 1st: Shakespeare's Landlord
half way through Shakespeare's Champion
11. startet Dead Sea by Brian Keene
1. start and finish my house on Karens Hello Neighbor RR.
2. finish my exchange piece for the Christmas exchange in my German yahoo group and mail it off.
3. finish Take Time To Quilt - Spring by Jeannette Douglas
4. put some stitches into HAED - A Real Snow Job
5. put a few stitches into an older WIP
6. and maybe stitch a Christmas ornament for me ;)
7. finish Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris and try to find the 3rd book Shakespeare's Christmas in a bookstore.
8. finish Dead Sea by Brian Keene
9. start whatever gets into my sticky fingers ;)
Friday, October 31, 2008
My little witch felt very bad after daycare she even fell asleep in the car on the way home...so the poor little thing went for trick or treating just to two houses in the neighbourhood before she wanted to go home.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Today we cut faces into our pumpkins and tonight we will have a yummieh pumpkin soup. I got the recipe for the soup we had Thanksgiving when Nico and Birgit invited us.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I finished Dead Over Heels that was listed on my October goals list. But I still haven't bought the next book in the series...
So I started Carpe Demon. It was a quick and super fun read. The next one of this series is already waiting on my nightstand.
But it has to wait a little bit longer :) When the next in the Aurora Teagarden series was not in stock in our local bookshop I picked the first of the next series by Charlaine Harris. Lili Bard in Shakespeare's Landlord. And I am not disappointed. It is really good.
Friday, October 17, 2008
A small progress of about 200-250 stitches on my A Real Snow Job... I am a little bit surprised how much fun it is to stitch on it. But hey, wait till I finished the first page if that will ever happen....
And a few stitches in JD's Take Time to Quilt.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I unpacked my fabric box and was lucky to find a 28ct linen that is big enough for A Real Snow Job. I don't think that I will ever finish it, though. But it would be really weird to start it on a piece of fabric that is too small.
Can you imagine that this are already about 250 stitches?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I can't tell you how boring it is to stitch the black skirt.... I'm pretty sure it will take me a while.
So I put a very few stitches in JD's Take Time to Quilt - Spring yesterday evening.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
On my pictures the colours are so fading and it looks so shining throught. To give you an idea, I am stitching on Summer Khaki Edinburgh from Zweigart. I really don't know why it is so pale.
The weather is rainy and stormy just like a typical autumn day in Germany and it leaves me with a blue feeling....I am very happy that days like these are very rare in Manitoba. Hopefully the sun will be back tomorrow. Just in time for the Canadian Thanksgiving. We are going to have a wonderful turkey dinner with friends tomorrow at noon. :) Yummieh....
Saturday, October 11, 2008
And guess what.......yes, of course, I got weak and bought this lovely "small" winter scene by HAED....my first and hopefully last weak moment. I got really scared when my printer went on printing and printing pages and pages of instructions and chart....and when I put it all together on the floor I had to laugh out loud!!!! 24 pages alone for the chart LOL. I know someone who will never ever make it through stitching all 24 pages. But hey, I can at least stitch a few stitches ;) A little bit crazy is cute.....but what the heck am I??????? LOL Verena, you were right. There are 90 colours in this design. You are one of the few people I know that are really able to stitch such an unbeleivable big project. You should give it a try one day.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Nobody knows better than I do, that I will never finish something this size....but I really would love to have it and put a few stitches in it.
I must be crazy. I'm sneaking around this chart for a few weeks now.......
Is there anybody stitching one of the Jane Wooster Scott Designs?
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Isn't this the most beautiful doll quilt ever? I love it! And now she made a very similar one for herself....my baby quilt got a twin :)
Monday, October 06, 2008
I placed a few pumpkins on that ol' ladies shoe ;)
Sunday, October 05, 2008
And now, that we already have a few raindrops coming down and the wind blowing around the house I will put some stitches in my Prairie Moon WIP There was an old woman....while waiting for my traditional German Gulaschsuppe that is cooking on the oven with very unusual (for Germany) Bison meat cubes... yummmieeeh
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
....strange....this picture seems to be slightly different to my chart. I think I have an apple instead of an elephant on my chart and some other things are different, too.
Anyways it is a wonderful design. :)
A lady from Belgium designed it Mariska. You will find it on her site if you click on catalogue and then on abecedaires.
Now I'm off to work....see you later and have a good day :)
Thursday, October 02, 2008
And this is my start on There was an old woman by Prairie Moon. I had an eye on this design for a long time and when it was on sale at needlecraft-corner a few weeks ago I finally ordered it :)
I've just stitched the borders of Take time to Quilt - Spring by Jeannette Douglas. So the fun part starts now....
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1. finish Carols Hello Neighbor RR within the next few days and mail it off to Karen
2. find a nice house and start stitching on Karens Hello Neighbor RR as soon as I receive it
3. finish There Was An Old Woman by Prairie Moon
4. put some stitches into Take Time To Quilt - Spring by Jeannette Douglas
5. put some stitches into an older WIP
6. maybe start something new ;)
do I need more stitching goals???? I don't think so
7. finish Dead over Heels - 5th of Aurora Teagarden mysteries by Charlaine Harris
8. order and finish or at least start A Fool and his Honey - 6th of Aurora Teagarden mysteries by Charlaine Harris
I made an update pic of Carol's RR but I need my husband to help me getting it off the camera....
Monday, September 29, 2008
But I spent quite a few hours stitching so it has grown since then. I'm going to post a new pic soon. :)
Thursday, July 03, 2008
And here it is after a few hours of stitching....not too much of a progress but at least a bit. I hope to get a few more hours of stitching onto it this month:
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Today it looks as it will be as nice as yesterday but the forecast says it will only be 21 C. I'm pretty sure they are wrong :) ....we will see.
I put some stitches in Heirloom Homecoming during the last weeks and like it so much. The colours on the picture are very poor. Hopefully I can take a better picture the next time.
I'm off to work now. See you soon......
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Sunday, June 01, 2008
I finished Winter Holiday about April 27. I enjoyed stitching this colourful snowman so much. It was a real pleasure. But I still have to decide if I will frame it or finish it as a flatfold.....There's a lot of time to think about that till the next snow ;)
started: February 14, 2008
finished: April 27, 2008
Saturday, May 31, 2008
I really like how it turned out.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Yesterday was my last day of work with Stream'n'Wood. It was a very intersting time and I had a lot of fun working with the gals. It's such a nice bunch of people working there.
Now I'm having a long, long weekend before I start my new work.
We are going to spend friday and saturday in Minot, ND, USA. It will be our 2nd trip to the States. I'm so looking forward to it....
It looks like the winter's coming back....after a wonderful warm weekend with 22 Celsius the temperature is down to -3 Celsius and it is snowing ... brrrrr ...stitching weather :-)))
See you later.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
This was the RR when I sent it to Karen in Australia:
On monday 24th of april I got Leslie's RR in the mail and started stitching immediately. I want to send the RR prior to the mailing date which is june 1st.
And here ist what I stitched so far. I'm sorry that it is a little bit blurry: